Blogs > Lighten Up with Lucretia

Lucretia Bohnsack, a Mentor resident, said she's committed to making a change in her life as part of Lighten Up. "I know I can take control and make a difference in my life."

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Well, I am happy with today's weigh-in. Lost 6.5 pounds, total of 14.  Looking back to see where I did well and what I need to improve so next month  is another good month.  
 
First, it is working for me that I am not following a diet.  I have dieted over the years and when it is over, it is over and I can do what I want.  Jim and I decided to eat wisely and enjoy what we like always thinking about what are choices we are making.  I refuse to feel deprived.  I am working hard at making our meals look appetizing.   
 
Second, portion control is a key.  I pulled the food scale and measuring tools out and use them.  We realized we were eating far more than we needed.  Chicken Breast is a prime example.  I use to make a breast for each of us, when I weighed them I was shocked to find one breast provided 8 oz of meat, whoops!  Now I cook 1 and split it between us.  $$ saving.  
 
Three, good food it cheaper than junk food.  Our food budget has gone down. 
 
I celebrate our successes. Went to Red Lobster Friday night.  Instead of ordering two meals, we ordered one Lobster Fest and split it, added a side salad and we were more than satisfied.
 
NOW FOR THE IMPROVEMENTS
 
I must exercise! I must exercise! I must exercise!
 
I almost said become more active but that is a cop-out.  I need to deliberately move it.  I must carve a chunk of time out to do it.  It is important and I have to make it a priority.
 
Midday meals remain an issue.   I have to take something with me.  I am falling back into the fast food rut and while I am making wise choices it is only a matter of time when it becomes BAD.  A peanut butter sandwich and fruit is better that what I will choose.  Plan 10 minutes in the morning to bag it.
 
Feel like my negatives are digging a deep rut.  GOT TO STOP IT,
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home